Sunday 5 October 2014

I’m romantic — Harmony


Background
My name real name is Emike Ekwe and I am a singer popularly called Harmony. I am a native of Auchi, Edo State but I was born in Lagos. I am from a family of two children— I have a younger brother. My father is Ignis Ekwe, an actor.
Music career
I have always loved to entertain people and by the time I was eight years old, I was already singing in my church choir as well as in primary school. I am also a song-writer. Music has always been a part of me, but I started professionally four years ago after I graduated from Lagos State University where I studied Public Administration. My debut single was entitled ‘Choke’ and featured Coleone. However, my first official single from the label is entitled ‘Chocolate.’


Acting career
I originally started as a Nollywood actress, but I would rather not talk about that aspect of my life because I didn’t enjoy being an actress. I want people to see me as Harmony and not Susan Ekwe, the one-time actress. However, one of my most memorable movie roles was when I starred alongside, Patience Ozokwor, Olu Jacobs and Juliet Ibrahim in a movie titled, Complicated.
Challenges
The only challenge I have now is the fact that my parents are really skeptical about my decision to take up music as a career. They just don’t want me getting involved in the music industry. That is a very big challenge to me right now because they are still not supportive of my career choice, but I hope that will pass away soon. After all, a lot of successful artistes passed through the same challenges. There is a lot of room for everyone to excel. I am not coming to compete but to find my place in the industry.
Motivation
The fact that I am able to sleep and wake up in the morning is enough motivation for me. Besides, my day-to-day activities inspire me a lot. Watching people do what they do, seeing happy and sad faces along the way motivates me a lot. But, if I want to be overwhelmed with inspiration, all I need to do is go to the beach; watch the waves; tides and the ocean surging. I usually come out of such places with loads of inspiration to last me a life time.
Love life
I was once in a relationship, but right now, I am in a no-holds-barred relationship with my career. Music is my love; I am madly in love with it. As far as I am concerned, love is beautiful, if you find one, please keep it. A real man is a man that does whatever it is that men do and still be able to tell me the truth, even when it hurts. I can only tell if I am die-hard-romantic when I find true love. I am yet to find true love that isn’t selfish or disloyal. I can’t wait to experience marital bliss and I am taking my time because I am afraid of getting heart-broken.
Personality
I have a beautiful heart and I am a very sweet person who cannot hurt anybody. I can go the extra mile to help people in need. I can’t say no when it comes to helping people around me because I love to see people happy.
Style
My fashion style is sexy, but not too revealing. Right now, I want to start incorporating bits of African prints and fabrics into everything I wear. It is going to be English infused with African prints. My favourite fashion accessory is bags. I am crazy about them! You can hardly see me without a Louis Vuitton bag.
Beauty secrets
The best beauty secret is sleep and exercises. I also drink a lot of water. I go to the spa once a week for my facials, scrubs, steam bath and massage. I can never tamper with my skin because I love it just the way it is. I am not a beauty product junkie but at the same time, I am a sucker for quality products. I also love using shea butter on my skin and hair and the result has been great.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
-